Stand Up Paddle Boarding
The newest old way to have fun on the water
Stand up paddle boarding is the fastest growing watersport in the world — but it’s far from a new craze.
A Polynesian waterman sport that had its last heyday in the early 1960s, its easy learning curve — it really is easier than it looks — and fitness benefits have made it a favorite conditioning sport of celebrities, supermodels and surfers. But it’s also a wonderful way to unwind from a long day or enjoy a leisurely weekend afternoon with the family.
Surf Ballard is the perfect launching point for your stand up paddle adventure. Just steps from the water, we offer a truly one-of-a-kind experience. See the Ballard Locks from a different perspective, cruise out to the lighthouse on the shores of Discovery Park, or check out the boats at the Shilshole marina. Harbor seals, sea lions, starfish, and bald eagles are your likely companions — and, if you’re really lucky, you might glimpse a whale or two.
Renting a stand up paddle board from us? Check out this video for a few SUP do’s and don’ts.
Take an SUP Lesson! Try SUP Yoga!
All stand up paddle board rentals include a paddle.
$60/Full Day (Week Days)
$100/Full Day (Weekend Days)
Please call 726-7878 to make a reservation.
DO NOT send an email.
- We rent at 11am, 1pm, 3pm & 5 pm.
- Reservations are recommended on weekends. Weekdays are not as busy but it can’t hurt to check in.
- If you get our voicemail, let us know your name, how many boards you want, the date and time.
- If you want more than 4 boards we require a deposit via credit card.
- If you are not going to use your reservation, please call us ASAP to cancel.
Our 2 hr. stand up paddle board rentals entitle you to our discounted wetsuit rate. Booties included, if desired.
Stand Up Paddle Boards