Frequently Asked Questions
We’re more than happy to answer all of your SUP lesson questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, feel free to contact us.
Our two-hour lesson will give you the basic guidance you need to safely SUP. We’ll show you how to:
- Properly stand on your board
- Place your feet for optimal stability
- Perform basic paddle strokes to control the direction of your board
You’ll also learn the basics about currents, wind and safety, along with a little local history and suggestions for local paddle boarding spots.
Since 95% of the instruction is held on the water, you’ll have plenty of time to get comfortable on your board and practice your technique.
Aside from learning SUP basics, our lessons also give you the chance to enjoy your natural surroundings in a new way. The bay is teeming with marine life not always visible from the shore. It’s not uncommon to see Bald Eagles circling above, harbor seals, jumping salmon, and handfuls of starfish. We’ve even had gray whale and octopus sightings.
- Send us an email (email@example.com) telling us the day and time of the class you wish to cancel and if you need a refund instead of rescheduling your class.
- If you would like to reschedule your lesson, please send us a few times that work for you in your email. We will try as hard as we can to accommodate you.